Sunday, November 29, 2009

23-26, BYU

This is a tough one to swallow, but congratulations on the win. Oh, that hurts...

What an exciting game! I thought the freshman (Wynn, not Hall) was going to do it in the end. This game tested Jordan 10x more than TCU and will serve him well over the next 3 years. And that hit he took on the 2nd play - OUCH!!! I was impressed with BYU's defense and how well they stopped the run, and the Utah long ball. I didn't expect that. Well done. I guess the young Utes forcing overtime against a seasoned and experienced team is a moral victory, but it still shows up in the "L" column and that sucks. And so, in spite of the loss, I think the U's future looks bright.

As for Max Hall's unnecessary comments after the game, I'll leave that to Monson and Kragthorpe to more eloquently describe that one. At least Brain Logan and the Ute players interviewed after the game were able to give credit where it was due and not walk hand-in-hand with Maxine into the Lenny Nomes hall of shame. Unbelievably classless! For the sake of the BYU program he just tarnished, I'm glad he won.

And now for the familiar quote that is oh so difficult to say, "wait until next year!" Enjoy your time in the sun.

3 comments:

KanyonKris said...

I read Hall's comments in the paper and I agree that wasn't classy. Even if Ute fans poured beer on his family as he claims, it still doesn't excuse his "hate everything about Utah" rant. The only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.

The rivalry is fun, but when adults turn to children it's a shame.

Now back to more bonus time cycling.

Brad Mullen said...

Well said Kris. Personal attacks are never a good idea. Win or lose, let's stay above it all and enjoy the back and forth fun banter this rivalry invokes. Lifes too short to be spiteful and you're right, the riding is great right now. I got in 2.5 hours yesterday, November 29th! Nice...

Dave Harris said...

Somehow I think it is all related to your "Y" vandalized car...