Friday, April 10, 2009

Moab in February

The Bride is located in the side canyon on Gemini Bridges Road before the Gold Bar junction. It's a worthwhile 15 minute side trip. There are 5 primitive camp sites in the canyon and you must bring your own water and potty.

I just thought these were cool. They're on the south side of Gemini Bridges.

Isn't camping what Moab's all about? Chris and KC were huddled over the fire cooking Brats and keeping warm. Believe it or not, it was dark when I took this pic. We camped in the main campground just before the Slickrock parking lot, spot #18.

I took this pic of the moon and ? shortly after I took the one above. Pretty neat.

Chris and his new smiling face. KC wasn't impressed.


Work has slowed to a managable pace so I have time to throw in a few pictures from a trip to Moab Chris, KC and I took in late February. As I recall the weather was prefect and nobody was there - it was dead! On Sunday morning, the parking lot at the Slickrock Trail was totally empty! How did we get so lucky? We split up and I rode Soverign, Gemini Bridges, Bar B, Circle O and Rockin A while the Holley's rode Amasa Back, Soverign, Bar B and anything else they could find. We camped under clear starry skies and slept like babies. I've got to get back down there, and soon.

My conditioning is bad but I am riding again. I've had a few knee setbacks but I'm heading in the right direction. I just have to reset my expectations and enjoy the race season and my biking friends. This should be a fun year.

Enjoy the pics.

No comments: