Sunday, July 8, 2007

It was a good weekend

This is "Team Brad" after finishing LoToJa in 2006. That's my sister Robin and her husband Bruno.


Saturday was the Logan Joy Ride which was run on a hot, dry, dusty 5 mile circuit through the trees and meadows of Sherwood Hills. My group had a good turnout and I rode to a surprisingly strong third place finish behind Roger Gillespie and Mark Enders. My Grand Masters teammates Dwight Hibdon and Bill Dark finished 4th and 5th so MadDog Cycles was well represented. Next week is the Snowbird Mountain Bout which is no more than a lung and leg busting 20 minute climb starting at 8,000 feet followed by a hair raising 5 minute downhill that has some of the scariest double track on the ICUP circuit. Because of that, the turnout is usually low. I've won my group the last 4 years but may pass this year to get more miles in for the Leadville 100 in August. Of course, I may change my mind at the last minute. After all, that race is a great high intensity 3x20 interval workout.

Today I rode with Dwight from Hogle Zoo to Henefer. We worked the climbs pretty well and kept a steady pace for the 70 mile, 4+ hour ride. Dwight helped me with my high speed descending since I turn into a woosey when the speed-o-meter hits 40 mph. I hit 44 which brought a big smile, after I stopped! We got a 0700 start and beat the wind and heat. I'm glad for that because I was still tired when I got home and spent the afternoon watching Stage 1 of the Tour de France where Robbie McEwen came out of nowhere to win the sprint and the Wimbeldon Gentleman's Final where Roger Federer beat Rafael Nadal in 5 set nail biter to win his 5th straight Wimbeldon title. Both were incredibly exciting and a great way to recover from a hard ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

test