Friday, April 25, 2008

Matthew Knoop, 1988-2008


My daughter MarKay, and Matt's sister Marney spent the first 10 years of their life together.

My very dear friends, Dave and Kay Knoop lost their son Matt April 21st in a tragic accident in Brazil, where Matt was serving a mission for the LDS Chruch. Words cannot express the emptiness everyone feels at this time. It has been said countless times that parents are not supposed to bury their children. For the first time in my life, I now know the pain associated with that statement. Our sadness is deep and our hope great that he is in a better place and that Dave, Kay and Marney will grieve, heal, live life, and someday rejoin Matt. It is that hope and belief that makes enduring such a tragedy bearable. Rest in peace our dear Mattmo.

1 comment:

Genericyclist said...

That there...that is terrible stuff. My wife lost someone very close to her while he served his mission 10 years ago. Devastating for everyone. It did seem, however, that the support network available in this situation was amazing and immense and any needed help was offered. I can only hope the same for you and yours and theirs.

best

C